BDI In The News
In a wide range of media, the BDI and its message are being embraced and publicized. Here is a sampling:
- What can you learn at a BDI workshop? Riva Greenberg reviews what she learned in this recent article for Diabetes Health.
Click here to read the article in Diabetes Health.
- Dining on Strength (click to download the PDF) is an article published on the Diabetes Mine website recounting personal experiences at the first annual BDI Celebration of Strength luncheon program held in San Diego in October 2008.
- The Three Ds: Diabetes + Denial + Depression (click to download the PDF)
is a follow-up to the above article of personal stories published on the Diabetes Mine website.
- The Diabetes Health website features an article on the Top 10 Patient Gripes of people with diabetes. You may also click here to download a PDF version.
- In the Winter 2008 issue of Diabetic Living magazine (page 14), magazine staff writer Marsha McCulloch, M.S., R.D. wrote about BDI’s diabetes etiquette card.
- Dr. Susan Guzman, PhD, Director of the Behavioral Diabetes Institute Clinical Services, developed and leads the multi-week depression series, Breaking the Depression/Diabetes Connection.
Click here to view her podcast entitled "Diabetes & Depression"
- Author Amy Tenderich offers kudos for the “diabetes etiquette” card in the award-winning blog "Diabetes Mine". Tenderich was the keynote speaker at BDI's "Celebration of Strength" luncheon in October 2008.
Have you heard about other important references to the BDI?
Please let us know: or call 858-336-8693